Friday, December 5, 2008

Florida Keys

Two weeks ago I headed down to Florida to visit Mom and the family while Brian is in Japan. On Tues. I flew into Tampa and we headed to Aunt Linda's to spend the night. The next morning Mom, Aunt Linda, Aunt Barbara, and I headed down to my brother's place on Ramrod Key. It was a very long day traveling with 3 other women. If you are a woman, you will understand :) We rolled in Wed. evening and got unpacked. The week literally flew by in a blur-time go so fast when you are having fun. We fished, shopped, went to Key West to see the street performers and shop, went to the Lighthouse Museum and to the Hemmingway Home. I enjoyed the Hemmingway Home more because we watched the movied about him the night before. The movie was depressing, so depressing in fact that I can't remember the name of it. But, it did make the home more fascinating. We were in the garden and our tour guide told us we were live on webcam-soooo I jumped on the phone to Amanda to get on the web and look it up. She did and she was able to see us. Yep, the Clampetts go to the Keys! It was just a nice, relaxing week. I enjoyed so much spending time with the aunts-I haven't done that in a very, very long time. I was asked if there were any nudies at Key West and rest assured, there were not! Whew! Lots of nuts but no nudes :)
I did catch some fish and we saw some sea turtles off the bridge. For those of you not familiar with the Keys, there are no beaches so we had to fish from the bridge. This particular on is called 7 Mile Bridge although we clocked it at 6 3/4 miles. Hmmmmm.
We went to a cuban restaurant on Key West called La Seybony-it was so yummy!! Very authentic cuban food which I happen to love!
I just had a marvelous time and so here is a shout out of thanks to my brother Glenn and to my Mom and my Aunts for making that week happen :) Love you all!!
Terri

No comments: