Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!

Family and Friends,
Sorry it's been a bit since I have updated but quite frankly, I have been busy enjoying my husband's company after his loooonnnnggg trip.

We had a wonderful Christmas! and are looking forward to a blessed New Year! I cannot wait to see the things God has in store for us to do as His servants! I am praying for many, many open doors :)

This year, we did Christmas a little differently-due to cost of our upcoming trip to see Matt and Jackie, we vetoed gifts this year, buying only for the little guys (under 18), as well as something for Chris and Melissa since they do not get to go with us on our trip. No gifts for parents, siblings, friends, etc. You know what? That is a tradition I think we are going to keep. Christmas was so much less stressful without worrying about having money for gifts for this person and that person, etc. We were so much more focused on enjoying being together instead of gift-giving. Don't get me wrong-I LOVE TO GIVE GIFTS!!! but with the economy and our family growing, I think it's time to simplify.

I hope you all had a marvelous Christmas!
Terri

No comments: