Monday, February 2, 2009

I wanted to sound off a little bit today because I'm still quite ticked about the treatment we received at the hands of a local business but I have decided that this kind of thing is the norm in our society now instead of the rarity. I was shocked at one of the blogs I read and the treatment Lori received by another woman in the grocery store. Man, do we need Jesus in a big, big way!!
I'm only 46 but I remember when the behavior of today would have been completely unacceptable by all.
I applaud every woman that gives up her time and the extra money she could earn by putting her children first and homeschooling! I know what you give up, I did it as well! Our children and society as a whole need you soldiers out there investing yourselves in your children. I remember the days- days that I said 'pack your suitcase, i'm taking you to juvvie', and ' one of us is not going to come out of this alive' though we all did :) My children are grown now and I see the fruits of homeschooling-keep at it ladies-our futures need you to continue to be on the front lines! The Church needs you to be on the front lines training your children in the ways of the Lord.
My sister has a slogan on her blog- "I homeschool because my children are worth it". I believe that says it all.
Done rambling for now,
Terri

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Amen to the homeschoolin mommas! and no i didn't make a snowman it felt to cold... lol!

Homeschoolin' hot-rodders said...

Can you believe what happened to Lori? I probably would of kept on walking thinking she wasn't even talking to me LOL. I was talking with Tammy the other night...telling her that out of all my kids I could see Noah going to public school for the sports.....then on the other hand there are days when I just want to drop kick him in 'cause I feel like it LOL...*sigh*....I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength right?